When we launched Indy Maven in October 2019, it felt like the world was our oyster. We celebrated our launch with 200 of our closest friends and supporters with a big poolside party. We cranked out content about fascinating women you needed to know, cool businesses to check out, and planned more exciting events.
Five months later we’d find out it was an oyster full of the COVID-19 virus but by then, we already had you, our incredible community of Mavens. That first summer, I asked many of you what you wanted from Indy Maven. How could we best serve you — during the pandemic and beyond? Your answers were always the same. Meet with other women. Connect with other women. Support and be supported by other women. Around that time, I heard a fascinating statistic. More women were filing trademarks and staying in the trademark system than ever before. It got me thinking about all the women I knew firsthand who were starting side hustles or quitting their jobs to go out on their own. I started thinking about the moms I knew struggling to work remotely in their home environment and the taxing lifestyle that women — mothers or not — live today.
The next thing I knew I was checking out real estate and standing in the middle of what less than a year later, would become Maven Space.
A social club meets co-working space, our stunning 15,000 square-foot location isn’t just a place to check email or work on a big project — it’s a gathering place for bold women. It’s a place where you can prioritize your mental health, your physical well-being, and your social network. We’re not being over the top when we say, this space is going to change your life. Located in the historic Gibson building in downtown Indianapolis, Maven Space is a one-stop shop for the modern maven.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Here’s what you can expect beyond the typical offerings like hi-speed wifi and bottomless cups of locally roasted coffee:
- Robust, fun, and educational programming
- Natural light-filled spaces with plenty of plants by The Botanical Bar
- Gym + Wellness Center w/private and group fitness offerings
- A Mother’s Room, stocked and presented by The Milk Bank
- A content creation studio for video, photography, and podcast recording, presented by Share Your Genius
- A state-of-the-art ROOM phone booth
- Event space + in-house catering and event services
- Artwork and installations by local creatives like Faith Blackwell
- Lending Library stocked by fellow Mavens and Wild Geese Bookshop
- Cafe by Fork and Function
- And so very much more to come!
Are you sensing a theme here? This space was truly built by Mavens for Mavens. It was built for you.
Interested in checking it out? Book a tour and then stay for the day as our guest!